Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And, about this playah spotlight thing.

Several of you have asked me about the USTA Player Spotlight since my partner, the Divine Ms. D, released it to the bloody universe. In fact, last Friday at the club I had one woman congratulate me on the honor and then ask in a sideways manner, "What did you do to get that?"  Now, I'm not one to take offense to much, but I can tell you this, Dorian (who is current in her knowledge of all things related to brazen hussies) would never partner with anyone of ill-repute, much less someone from the "common element." It was Tom Flanagan from USTA who contacted me asking if I'd answer a few questions and send him a few tennis shots for the profile.   I complied.  That's all I did.  I would have appreciated him not cropping out the racket that was in my hand in the original shot considering how the photo makes me look like a total nitwit without it! And so it goes...Damn paparazzi.

http://www.newengland.usta.com/kathy_nielsen-dube-league_tennis_spotlight/

**PS If you'd like to nominate someone you know for the Player Spotlight, just visit the USTA New England site.

2 comments:

Dorian said...

She's a tennis whoooooorrrrrre!!!!

Kathryn Nielsen Dube said...

I am offended. OFFENDED!!! Wait a minute, what???